Pages

Monday, July 4, 2016

Week Two Complete.

Four weeks ago I had the brilliant idea of running a half marathon in Bozeman on September 11th. I mean, four months to prepare to run 13 miles is plenty of time, right? Well, I guess we will soon find out!

 Right away I printed off Hal Higdon's half marathon plan. The only other time I was every seeing improvements in my endurance was when I followed his 5k plan. In no time I was running six miles straight and feeling good so I figured I would stick with his plans.

 It definitely gives me a great, consistent schedule and when I can wake up each day, do the workout on the calendar and check it off, I feel a sense of "yes! I can do this!"

 Yesterday was the end of week two and it called for a four mile run. I went to the river with my family, those three bums on bikes while I ran (in my Luna sandals!) and I trudged through the four miles, against the freaking wind and in 88 degree heat, so yeah it was a miserable run, but I did it.

  The good news about my sandals is that they are no longer rubbing the tops of my feet raw where the buckle sits but I did have a blister at the bottom of my right foot, so boo to that.

  My calves are not cramping when I land fore foot first like they did in the beginning and it feels like I am running on springs when I am running correctly, especially up hills. I can't make it the whole way running like that yet, my calves wear out and I go back to the jarring heel first landing.

 Next weekend instead of the five mile run the schedule calls for, I will be hiking in Glacier National Park so I am a little nervous about throwing off my schedule but hopefully I won't be too tired the days following and I can get back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment