Pages

Monday, January 22, 2018

When your damn horse steps on your foot at week 10 of your marathon training

  Yesterday was a big life failure all around. First, I was scheduled to a 15 mile long run. The weather in this rotten neck of the woods has slowly been changing but still miserable enough to make running outdoors more a chore than the treadmill. I can endure the 25 degree temps but running into the wind is freaking miserable. I did a six mile run on Saturday in the wind and it sucked, then I woke up Sunday morning and told my husband, who am I kidding? I can’t run 15 miles today!

 “You should at least start the run,” he told me. Okay, I can see the wisdom in that, until our son reminds us we promised a trip to the hot springs an hour away and I secretly celebrate a touchdown dance in my head. No long run for me!!

 After the hot springs and a shopping trip to Costco since we live over 80 miles away from the nearest  Costco, it was too late for even starting a long run.

 Okay, okay, I will get back on track in the morning. That was until my horse stepped on my foot. The first three toes are bruised at the base. Pretty sure they aren’t broken but I am going to be safe and not  run today so I delay any healing. I think the elliptical will be a safe workout so at least I am doing something.

 Onward and upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment