Pages

Monday, November 13, 2017

Never skip out on arm day

 I have only recently adopted this mantra, and by recently I mean today.

We spent our usual week in Whistler, B.C and became the people we wish we could be year round. Our days began with a run around the golf course, coffee in the village and then the rest of the day mountain biking, hiking and a white water rafting adventure.
 I would thoroughly enjoy living in a condo so I could avoid yard work and just step outside to enjoy nature without the mundane chores. Ah, life goals.

 Upon the return to Montana, my husband became inspired to hit the gym on a regular basis. Being surrounded by active people and beautiful scenery can have that affect on you. Getting in the gym is easier when your kids have to be there anyway for swimming and karate.

 After only five days of working out I could already see the difference in his face and physique (this is why men suck, I train for a marathon and gain weight, he works out for five days and loses a chin) so I was inspired to have him help me with weight lifting.

 I have been watching with horror as my upper arms have gotten bigger, and not in a good way. This past two years have morphed me into someone I only saw during two pregnancies, despite all my running.

 I have hit the weights pretty hard with hubby. I see no change but have definitely noticed it in myself because I can actually pick up an 80 pound bale of hay again and don't have to flip it end over end from the back of the truck into the barn.

 The snow has already hit here. Zero degrees in the first week of November is a depressing warning of what the rest of the winter is going to be. Only four and a half more months of this. Yah. Needless to say my outdoor running is done. I'll do what I can on the treadmill but for now I am focusing on getting stronger and weight loss. I am not happy with the weight I am at and the heavier I am the slower I run.

 I would love to set a goal for a run, preferably one of the rainshadow runs like the Orcas 25 or 50k but unfortunately, life is just too up in the air to schedule anything like that. Once again praying that we won't be in Montana in a few months, being one thing, too.

 I wish I was seeing a miraculous change, like the stories you read about in magazines and on Instagram stories, but I haven't in myself. Other than a mental coping mechanism for getting through this time in life, at this point that is probably enough!



No comments:

Post a Comment