Pages

Monday, October 10, 2016

Trying to get my mojo back

 I am watching big snow flakes come down right now, after a warm sunny day yesterday, a twenty degree drop in just an hour; welcome to Montana! Blah!

 One of my issues with keeping up with running back in Washington was the rain and I know here it will be the wind and snow. I don't know how dedicated I can be to the treadmill, it's just so boring!

  Since September 10th, the half marathon, the farthest I have run is five miles. Mainly out of boredom, I know this. I need some mental training along with physical, something beyond just kicking my butt. I need a mental kick, too! Finding a running partner would be ideal, but the husband nor the kids are interested. I don't have an addictive personality, unless you count coffee, so that's against me in the must not stop running department. I follow lots of trail runners on Instagram for inspiration but they are always posting awesome adventures in beautiful places, which inspires me to someday go and run these places but being that I am on the prairie right now, and at least a three hour drive from any great trails to run safely, that kind of negates the inspiration NOW that I was hoping for. The running groups in town seem to mainly consist of diehard runners that run 6 and 7 minute miles and require me to make a third trip into town anyway, so that's off the table for the time being.

 Until I get inspired again, I need to just run my short three and a half mile runs, just so I am at least doing something, this much I have figured out. Just keep on moving and doing!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment